RegisterLog In

Forced to resign

TCC
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:31:07 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:36:11 AM)

The director of the company told one of my colleague that her position had been reduntant and he expected her resignation. After few days, the director got a new secretary to do her work. My colleague decided to tender the resignation letter with one month notice. In the resignation letter, she wrote:"As per your instruction and commented that my position have been reduntant, I hereby tender my resignation...." The director said he did not want to accept the letter and asked her to cancel the sentence and wrote a proper letter.

Our understanding is that once employee tenders the resignation letter, it is considered acceptance of resignation. What is the compensation she should get from the company? Which clause in the Law states that? She does not do anything wrong and she does not receive any warning letter from the director also. What if the director does not want to compensate her, what can she do?

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:36:11 AM

Your colleague should not have tendered her resignation but let the company terminate her service if she is redundant. If she tenders her resignation she will not get any compensation. Tell her to consult the Industrial Relations Department for further advice.

This topic is closed