RegisterLog In

Clarification on Annual Leave Entitlement Policy once received a confirmation letter

Syasha
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:37:34 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:21:36 PM)

Dear KL Siew,

I am a bit confused about annual leave in section 60E. I'd like to clarify with you a few things:-

1) once received a confirmation letter from employer, do we entitled to get pro rated leave or it is after 12months service then we entitled to get 14 days annual leave as per employment act?;

2) does pro rated leave its effect to our salary? or we will received salary as usual? the reason why, some of the company will pay the salary based on prorated leave (even already received a confirmation letter) and not as per confirmation staff or after 12 months service; or

3) its depend to the company that we works with.

The reason why I asking this because the other companies have practiced which is upon confirmation they entitled annual leave 14 days/18 days or etc... and not waiting until 12 months service.

4) correct me if am wrong; managerial or executive level, their probabtion period is 6 months, right? and not 3 months?

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:21:36 PM

Section 60E of the EA is clear. You get so many days AL for every 12 completed months of service. It has got nothing to do with confirmation. There are all sorts of practice. Some companies will grant annual leave prorated to the number of months of service and some will not and will grant only no pay leave. So, your company may do the same depending on their leave policy.

There is no law to say how long should be the probation period for managers or for any other categories of employees for that matter. It is also depending on the company's policy to fix the length of the probationary period.

This topic is closed