3. The Yang di-Pertuan Agong shall appoint a Director General of Trade Unions who shall have the general supervision, direction and control of all matters relating to trade unions throughout Malaysia. Appointment of Deputy Director General and other officers
4. (1) The Yang di-Pertuan Agong may appoint one or more Deputy Director Generals, Directors and Assistant Directors of Trade Unions, Trade Unions Officers and such other officers as may from time to time be required for the purposes of this Act.
(2) Subject to such limitations, if any, as may be prescribed by regulations, any Director General appointed under subsection (1) shall perform all the duties and functions imposed and may exercise all the powers conferred upon the Director General under this Act, and every duty and function so performed and power so exercised shall be deemed to have been duly performed and exercised for the purposes of this Act.
4A. In addition to the powers, duties and functions conferred on the Director General by this Act and any regulations, the Director General shall have and may exercise all such powers, discharge all such duties and perform all such functions as may be necessary for the purposes of giving effect to and carrying out the provisions of this Act.
5. All officers appointed under sections 3 and 4 shall be deemed to be public servants for the purposes of the Penal Code [Act 574].
6. No suit shall lie against any public servant for anything done or omitted to be done by him in good faith without negligence and in intended exercise of any power or performance of any duty provided or imposed by this Act.